Natural Childbirth Classes

Monday, January 24, 2011

Phew!!

I finally caught a break!

My eyebrows are plucked, I’m showered and dressed…I even have a little make up on! – This is truly a rare day where both are taking a simultaneous nap!

So I have to be quick since I just jinxed myself by saying so :)

Seriously things are so so crazy during the day. I probably make it that way because I can’t let go of my ways of trying to keep things tidy and pristine.

It is such a joy though to be at home with my babies. Athena is smiling and cooing making the long days and restless nights a little more worthwhile. Elijah is saying new words all the time; it is so stinking cute.

I gotta show you some of the latest pictures!

IMG_7019 

I love this picture!! Athena looks so angry!!

IMG_7058  Papou has a way to get her to sleep!

IMG_6944

He loves trucks, cars and wheels…of any size!

IMG_7009

My snow bunny! – He didn’t really care about the snow. He was more interested in his mittens. 

IMG_7026

Almost 8 weeks old!

IMG_6959

This was last week. A picture before this first day of “school”!

(It’s just a mother’s day out program twice a week for a few hours)

IMG_6970

Looks liker her daddy, but a little goofy like her mom :)

Can you believe she is in 3 month clothes already? I mean, I’m starting to get a complex. Elijah was always so “tiny” and Athena gets comments about how  big she is. Both are healthy, so who cares, but still ironic.

We are going for the 8 week check up next Monday. Everything seems to be going well. I am going to transition her to her room tomorrow night (just so I can remember the day easier – since she will be 8 weeks officially). It’s funny to think how nervous I was with Elijah because he moved to his room at 16 weeks!

The only reason I am a little hesitant is because her room is SO SO cold. I can’t figure it out. I have gotten thermal curtains, insulated the window with the plastic film and also gotten black out liners – that seems to help, but it makes me sad to think she may be cold while I warm in my bed. We’ll see how it goes.

Her room isn’t 100% complete yet – it makes me laugh thinking how badly I wanted it complete before she was born. FAIL. :) -

IMG_6974

It’s getting there. Don’t forget we didn’t have time to paint the green (which was my chosen color when it was an office) so I think it’s turned out okay with the pink and brown.

So aside from the kids, I am still searching for “something” to do with myself. I have finally finished school so I need something so I don’t feel like I’m going to get stupid. I thought about graduate school, but I think I want something fun and selfish. I’ll let you know how that goes….

Well, Elijah is awake now. So let the craziness continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment