Natural Childbirth Classes

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

it’s 8:13 pm

and Elijah is in bed on schedule.

So is Athena! I think she’s out for a while, I hope anyway. It’s still a little chilly in her room so I had to revert to a space heater! I know…I am such a worrisome person, I can’t believe I put one in there too. The fire alarms have been confirmed they work, and the heater is also on a timer to cut off after a few hours – but I’m still nervous.

Partly because her room is the furthest from me, closest to the street and has the biggest window….okay, I’m really laughing at myself now, because only 5 years ago this stuff never crossed my mind. I didn’t even know Brad 5 years ago! – Funny how life changes so quickly!

On another subject, Stephanie has me hooked on Zumba. I got the game for the playstation move and it was so much fun I went to the gym and tried it. It reminds me of when I would go salsa dancing back in the day – about 5 years ago :)
However I still need something else to do with myself. Zumba is great, but I want something for my mind. I’m not sure about pricing, but since I’m such a food nerd I though about going and taking culinary classes. I’d love to learn about the science of food….essentially it’s chemistry in a pot. I’ll keep thinking though.

So Elijah is astounding me with what he’s learning lately. He said his first sentence today as I was taking him to school. My dad was waving to us as I was buckling him in the seat and Elijah said very clearly “Bye Bye Bapou” He also says the word “ba” which is ball, but he knows that a basketball is different and calls that a “bee-ba”.

I remember talking with my friend Sarah (who also has her kids 16 months apart) and she was telling me that she would record parts of a cartoon to get the attention of her older child while she tended to the younger one. I though it was a great idea so I have been searching for that show which would captivate Elijah. To my dismay and to Brad’s delight that show would happen to be Sports Center on ESPN. Really….I have the channels memorized. It’s so ridiculous in fact, if the commentators are on screen too long and they don’t show a clip of a football or basketball game Elijah is throwing a tantrum until the sports clip comes back on. What's even worse is that our DVRs aren’t working at the moment, so we have to get it fixed before superbowl, or else!

What is so neat is that I am enjoying Elijah learning so many new things, but I really don’t look back and miss him being a baby as many moms have told me about their toddlers. I guess because I have Athena to fill that yearning. If I would complain about something, it would be it’s all happening so fast. Athena is 8 weeks old now. It really hit me as I was looking at my misshapen, stretched body and saw the little blue vein that used to protrude every time Athena would kick me with that little foot. It seems like yesterday, but yet forever ago. I miss those times, but look forward to what will come with my two little babies.
(luckily, no more stretch marks will be involved)    :)

goodnight all! – in bed before 9 o’clock, whoo hoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment