Natural Childbirth Classes

Monday, April 18, 2011

I got my tooth pulled :(

And I’ve been crying about it all day.

It all started about 11 years ago when I got a root canal. It was one of the most horrible experiences of my life. Fast-forward to today, and it made my root canal like trip for ice cream.

The tooth that I had the root canal done on has been given me problems for forever. Especially these last few years because I haven’t been able to get the full dental procedures done that I needed because I was pregnant. I really was planning on going. Actually, my appointment was set for next Monday! One week too late because this morning while eating breakfast with Elijah it broke, chipped and split in two all the way up into my jaw bone that holds my teeth in place.

Luckily I was able to go to the doctor as an emergency, but even luckier that I have the best sister in the world who watched my babies for me.

Long story short, I cried (practically boo hoo-ed) because it hurt so much. I had to be shot 4 times just to keep me numb, and in the end there are still a few pieces that he couldn’t pull because I couldn’t take it anymore. I am past a risk of infection from it being broken, but now I have to wait 6 months to get a bridge or implant.

Let me be honest. I feel violated having my tooth ripped from me. Even more so I feel like a hoosier because I don’t have all of my teeth :(  At least you can’t tell when I smile….

My mom blames it on being a kid in Greece because they don’t put fluoride in the water….who knows, but Becky and George have strong, pretty teeth….

Other than my horrible experience today we had a nice weekend. We had a Friday family date night, Saturday we went shopping and got to visit with friends for a birthday party and Sunday was the St. Louis Earth Day festival. It was such a beautiful day. Brad, my dad and the kids came down after my volunteer shift was over.IMG_7123

Athena loved being outside! And I think the sun helped her eczema spot on her face.

IMG_7128

Are you surprised to see Elijah found something with wheels to climb on?

IMG_7132

After the festival we went to have lunch. Brad and my dad did a sampling of the popular beers the tavern had to offer (I forgot the name of the place  - somewhere in Kirkwood)

Scroll down and see how Elijah wants to be just like them!! What a stinker.

IMG_7137 IMG_7139 IMG_7142

yes, it was completely empty before he got his quick little hands on that cup!

Today (after my tooth drama) we all met up to have dinner as a BIG family. Evan has to have surgery for his hand on Wednesday, and we’re all concerned for him so we decided to get together before his big day coming up this week.

IMG_7160

These kids are so sweet!

IMG_7164

Look at George’s mini-me!! He looks so much like him in this picture!

IMG_7165

Poor Athena. I don’t think terror properly describes the look in her eyes! hahaha!

IMG_7172

Here is our family picture! I love how Athena sneak-attacked Becky’s hair.

Our family has been through a lot of ups, downs, excitement and sadness the past few years but there is  no doubting how much we love each other!!

No comments:

Post a Comment