Natural Childbirth Classes

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My LIFE CHANGNING trip!!

I guess you could say that my life was changed when I had my beautiful kids. No doubt about that, right? Well, for me that experience has gone to a new level.

In April of 2009 Brad and I took birth classes. Not just any old “Lamaze” classes, specifically The Bradley Method. It was a long, fun 12 weeks for us to become educated about childbirth. I am proud to say (as many of you know) that the training equipped us with the knowledge to bring Elijah into this world completely unmedicated and as God intended.

Fast forward a few years later, beyond the unmedicated birth of Athena nearly one year ago, and I have a new INSANE driven and passion for unmedicated childbirth.

I had the privilege of flying out to Washington D.C. to attend the Bradley Method instructor training. I was surrounded by incredibly strong, motivated women that share my passion for childbirth as it was intended – without “professional” intervention.

Now…before you go and start calling me names and giving excuses why you chose to have your babies in whatever way you did, I just want to say that I don’t think there is a wrong way to have a child enter the world. It is a miracle every time. And some circumstances do require medical intervention. I do however feel that there is a best way to give birth, and the Bradley Method teaches that.

I have always been a bit of a chemical-phobe. I’ve worked around a lot of horrible chemicals in my pre-motherhood days in the environmental industry. So the Bradley Method was right up my ally.

The trip was 4 days long (long isn’t an understatement either) and I learned SO many things that it would be criminal for me to not share it. So I am extremely excited to start my journey as a childbirth educator. I have a few academic things I must complete first, so I am hoping in January to start changing people’s lives. Check out the website if you’re interested in the details. The Bradley Method

Through my blog I can’t wait to update experiences, information and tools to help couples have a natural childbirth. So stay tuned for that in the coming months!!! I appreciate your support and prayers, as I also find there can be no better way to praise God than through His indefinable miracle of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment