Natural Childbirth Classes

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

New year, new blog

 

Sort of….

Just a little face lift I suppose. I am so bad at keeping up with technology and I didn’t realize all of the ‘dynamic’ things blogger is doing. So I hope you can bear through all the confusion with me.

This year I plan to make a few changes. Firstly, I’d like to keep you included with my ambitions of becoming a Bradley Birth Instructor. Actually, I just mailed my certification off today!

I am beyond excited to change families’ lives regarding the birth of a baby. It’s more than that to me though, it is a birth of a family -  and to keep it as natural and unadulterated with social pressures is what I hope to contribute. – More about that as the time comes. Stay posted through my new blog: YOUR Intuitive Birth

I am also going to pursuit my DONA (Doulas of North America) certification later this year. I hope to be involved with couples and mothers giving them support during their birth experiences.

I WILL also become an awesome blogger and not make excuses about not having time. Or complain that it’s so freezing in our basement (as it is right now!!) that I won’t keep that from me staying faithful to my commitments.

Now it’s mid-January and I have to catch you up on ALOT of things. Including Athena’s first birthday. (How bad am I, that I haven’t shared that yet!?!)

IMG_1959 IMG_1961 IMG_1973 IMG_2003 IMG_2024

The party was so much fun. We hired a balloon guy to make balloon animals and such. It was fun for kids and adults!

After her birthday Christmas came sneaking up on us!

My dad left for Greece just before Christmas, so we had a pre-party. I love when the family gets together, it is such a blessing to see how far we have grown and how much love there is squeezed into a room.

IMG_2187 IMG_2197 IMG_2201 IMG_2206 IMG_2210

We spent Christmas Eve with my mom and Brad’s family. They have a tradition of having “Santa” come by and giving presents to the little ones. Personally, I am not a fan of Santa at all. I think it is a horrible misrepresentation of Christmas and I do not plan on my kids to believe in him. However, it was incredible fun to see Elijah’s excitement with Santa – so I get why people let kids believe.

IMG_2292

IMG_2267

Here is my little lazy-non walker :)

IMG_2307

Candy canes are ALWAYS a huge hit with these two…especially the littler one.

So that was Christmas Eve, on Christmas day we had a great time with Brad’s family in the morning and then my family at Becky’s house. It was filled with fun, love and too many presents – literally, I am guilt-stricken at the thought of all the toys when there is SO much need in our community.

100_0280-1 100_0284

 100_0332-1 100_0334   

There is a quick summary of the end of 2011. Like I said earlier, I am excited for 2012. I hope you stay tuned to my blogs and see what great things I feel are in store for this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment