Natural Childbirth Classes

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Both kids are asleep :)

Sounds so funny to say that…

What’s even better is that I got up from a nap myself. Brad took Elijah out for a bit, while Athena and I “watched” food network in bed.

So far so good. She is awesome compared to Elijah’s newborn habits. Up until last night she was cluster feeding a lot at night, and sleeping during the day. Now it seems she’s evened out to about nursing every 3-4 hours. And she is a pro. The nurses and lactation consultants at the hospital commented her skills :)

It has been wild around here though. The day she was born Elijah had come down with a fever and has had one consistently up until yesterday. That’s 5 days. It was torture on me even though I wasn’t there. – Because that was just it, I wasn’t there. The only time I had to ever be away from him he is sick…the worst part was hearing him through the phone call my name.

So, it’s been a bummer trying to keep the two away, even though Elijah isn’t too interested. I’m pretty confident Athena will stay well. She hasn’t shown any signs of anything but sleeping, eating and pooping. – Literally, this girl sleeps like I used too.

The timing of her birth was great. We came home on a Thursday, Brad had to work that next day but my mom and sister were here with us Friday. I’ve had Brad here the weekend….but, dum dum duuumm…..I’m nervous about being alone with both of them tomorrow. I hope I can juggle and manage both of their needs, because I don’t do well with crying babies. Never have…and hope I never will. –yea right….

It’s good that I am probably the luckiest postpartum woman in area. I’m not really sore down there at all, and my bleeding has minimized to using the thin pads. I’m probably most sore in my shoulders and back from pushing!

Anyway, it’s time to feed Athena, and I’m gonna take advantage of Elijah’s naptime to do so. Just thought I’d pop in for a quick update. I still have to do those school assignments, so who knows when blogging will reach my priority list.

But here are some pics…. IMG_6324

I think he will love her :)

IMG_6271

Look at that big ‘ol dimple!

IMG_6318

I love my babies!! IMG_6285

Isn’t she sweet!!

IMG_6288

This is my favorite pic so far….I don’t think she will want to be swaddled for 6 months like her brother. Those are some big feet Athena!

No comments:

Post a Comment