Natural Childbirth Classes

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A lot has happened in the last few weeks

It’s been so hard to think about, but I’m ready now. Tipsy was hit by a car last week (the 21st) and was injured terribly so we had to put her down. We left the house to go purchase the couch for the basement and we got a call from our neighbors explaining the situation. Apparently she had snuck out, since it was a semi-warm winter night. To spare all of the terrible details (and my heartache again) basically our neighbors rushed her to the after hours animal clinic. When we got there ourselves, it was obvious the best decision was to put her to sleep.

That is such a horrible situation; I would never wish upon anyone. A week later and it sucks more than ever. Now it’s finally sinking in she isn’t here.

Image 8

So Athena now is 4 weeks old today! Which also means that she is more wakeful too….making life a little bit harder juggling the two little ones. Especially because she is so needy! She wants to be held and cuddled ALL the time. She doesn’t really care for the swing or bouncer. I just wish I could hold her all the time, because she is soooo cuddly :)

IMG_6715

We’ve gotten a few smiles already! (okay, maybe they’re gas) Brad is keeping count and I’m losing. He’s 6 and I’m 2….daddy’s girl already…

IMG_6711 

That’s okay because here is my little guy. He has Hershey chocolate all over his face thanks to his Aunt Steefie and Uncle George’s Christmas gift to him. (Seriously…he is addicted to it now). Do you see my feeble attempt to give him an apple instead?   :)

So I started this blog around 3 and now it’s 10….way past my bed time, but I just wanted to document a few things and let whoever know that I am surviving (barely, some days).

Here are some more photos….

IMG_6579

first bath!

IMG_6581

here is the first documented “smile” – to her daddy of course.

IMG_6616

One of his new Christmas toys. his “tchoo tchoo”

IMG_6642

We had an awesome Christmas with our families. I’m getting used to the family-of-4 thing! Oh, Athena is ALWAYS doing some kind of kung fu…that’s what she is doing there…and Elijah….well he is probably looking for more Hershey chocolate to lick off of his fingers.

IMG_6619

Nana got these three their own mooses. They are so stinking cute!

IMG_6670

Look at my dimply-doo-kung-fu girl!! fyi – my hair is not cut, but probably should be.

IMG_6684

Evan turned 1 on the 26th! He had the best Luau party!

So I guess you’re pretty caught up with what’s happening around here. For New Year’s we are going to visit my grandma who isn’t doing so well. I can’t wait for her to meet Athena and have all of her grandkids and great grandkids to welcome 2011 with her.

Have a safe New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment