Natural Childbirth Classes

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Since I breastfeed

shouldn’t I be rewarded with nice, perky boobs?

No such thing will be happening to me unless I pay for it! I’m so glad that nursing Athena is going well. She’s a pro, really. But I don’t get many perks. I don’t even get the “I-lose-weight-like-crazy-because-I-breastfeed” benefit.

I expected it really, the same thing happened while nursing Elijah. I actually gained weight a lot easier than normal. As soon as I stopped the weight dropped off me (it’s hard to say if it was because of no longer nursing, or having terrible morning sickness/food aversions while pregnant with Athena).

Anyway, I’m here to vent a little because I have been going to the gym 5 times a week (Thursday mornings and evenings) for 5 weeks now and I can’t drop a pound! I fluctuate a half pound here and there, but come on!!!!!!!!!!!!! I even got a personal trainer for a few weeks. Lets see how that goes (I started yesterday with him).

I can’t blame my diet really either. Sure I definitely have my sweet tooth attacks, but I don’t give into crazy chocolate items often…it’s normally Italian ice cups (sooo good by the way – I’m figuring out how to make my own organic version!)

I’m still staying positive though. I feel great, actually pretty rested and energized since working out, and I feel stronger than I have in a long time. Part of the reason I hired the trainer was to push me to do things I know I can…but am scared to since breaking my leg. For instance if I tried to hop on my right leg (the broken one) I have this unexplainable fear that my leg will snap…a little weird I know, but I’m slowly overcoming this crazy idea.

I guess all is good, I just wish I could fit into those size 8 jeans that have been hiding behind a lot of maternity clothes.

Along with working out I have been trying a lot of  holistic means of caring for my body. I have keratosis pilaris – kp - (which is a common skin condition that is basically raised, bumpy skin on my arms). There isn’t a “medical” cure…which is fine with me. I avoid drugs at all costs. Through research online, I found that coconut butter/oil can help some people. I found it at the grocery store, and I really don’t think I will use lotions again. It’s helping my kp a lot, and my skin feels great.

I also tried oil pulling for a little while, but with the kids it was too crazy to do it faithfully. I can’t say that it cleared up any of my kp (which is rumored to do), it did make my teeth and gums feel great. If you’ve never heard of it, it is so bizarre that you have to read for your self. Oil Pulling

I’ll have to fill you in with all the other things I have been trying….but Athena is awake….so my break’s over :)

No comments:

Post a Comment