Natural Childbirth Classes

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Elijah found his penis!

Bath time is a lot more interesting now! It is so cute too. Tuesday night during bath time he was (what I thought) looking at his belly button, but he was actually trying to move his teeny belly out of the way to grab his little penis. I was cracking up. It’s so intriguing to him. The best part is when he stands up to throw all of his toys out of the tub (I’ll be glad when he’s grown out of that phase) he starts peeing and must sit down right away to inspect this new discovery.

Along with new discoveries, he is walking non stop – assisted that is – everywhere we go. He no longer wants to sit in the shopping cart, he has to push it. Kind of annoying, but so cute. He started that last Friday. This little video is him in Sports Authority on Saturday.

The video isn’t the greatest thanks to the crap phone, but you get the idea.  This next video was just yesterday and it cracks me up. I wish the quality was better so you could see Aubrey’s expressions.

In other news work has begun in the basement! Whoohoo! We decided to do this ourselves. We got some pretty reasonable quotes for labor, but in the end we couldn’t afford to furnish AND finish the basement. So now the plan is Brad and his friends will do everything but the mudding and tapping of the dry wall. So here are a few photos of the progress from last night. I’m really excited. You’d understand even better if you saw the toys that have invaded our living space. I mean, we’ve got a blown up baby pool full of balls  as a make-shift ball pit.  what can I say, I’m a sucker for making Elijah happy. But it’s time for the toys to be out of site.

IMG_4335

This pic is taken from the corner of our future rec area.

IMG_4331

They built three frames last night, one is set in place. This is the rec room where the bar will go. (opposite from the above pic.

IMG_4332

This is the other end of the rec room where the tv/entertainment area will be.

IMG_4333

This is where the future “bedroom” will be. My dad will probably move down there so we can prepare his room for the new nursery. It is not a legal bedroom because there is no egress window, but my dad is skinny enough these days to squeeze out of that window if he had to. I felt safer having the egress window more accessible where kids will be playing.

As you can also see, there is SOOO much stuff down there. My parent’s whole house is in our basement.  What you see is just a fraction of what is down there, but I’m sure we will manage to make space.

That is the latest in our world. I go visit Dr. Chen for my 16 week appointment on Tuesday. I haven’t told him about me leaving for Mexico the week after, but I’m sure he will be okay with it. I haven’t had any complications or bleeding. The cramping is slowly fading, but my queasiness is still lingering around in the morning (I am 15 weeks now and I still puke in the morning…something better give soon).

We’re going to the Zoo today. I’m excited because Elijah hasn’t been there before. So I’m sure I will have tons of fun pictures to post later on!

No comments:

Post a Comment