Natural Childbirth Classes

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I saw baby pea today!

I am so excited about it too!  Let me start from the beginning.

Obviously I went to Dr. Chen for my 16 week appointment. Firstly I was pretty devastated in the waiting room because a young woman is so upset from miscarrying her baby that was also due in December. It got me thinking how thankful I am. I felt terrible for her, but at the same time glad it was her and not me (that sounds really bad, I know). 

For me, so far so good, that little ball of a uterus is getting harder and harder. There is a little bit of bad news. He wants to monitor me very closely because I have lost too much weight and he is concerned that the baby will suffer. He told me I need to eat 2800 calories a day, including ice cream if that’s what I’ll keep down. 2800. That is a LOT! I think I’ll eat at max 1100. It’s not intentional, I just eat what I like, that is raw foods lately (and absolutely no meat whatsoever).---I re-watched Food Inc not too long ago, so that explains it--- So I have to go back in 3 weeks this time to make sure everything is going okay…which also happens to be the big ultrasound scan.

I am SOOO antsy. I want to find out now! I have never been good with surprises. I’m so terrible in fact I almost found out today!! As I was setting up the next appointment me and the ultrasound tech were talking (our boys are close in age, and don’t sleep well – so we’ve become sort of friends in a way). I guess my ‘antsy-ness’ was contagious and she snuck me back to the ultrasound room so we could find out!! I was peeing my pants, I was so excited. We were looking for a half an hour! I think initially I saw a little penis, but it wasn’t 100% clear. We had such a hard time because  Baby Pea kept grabbing him/herself down there blocking the view! So…I feel more and more convinced that it might be a boy….because my little girl wouldn’t play with herself in the manner we saw! :)

What was even more frustrating is that Christine (the u/s tech) couldn’t even give me her gut feeling about what she thought. It was completely 50/50 in her opinion. I’m totally confused now! My gut said girl because this pregnancy is SOOO different than Elijah’s, but I could have sworn I saw a penis.

I got some really great photos though! I was SOOOO close to finding out the sex. Yea…I probably should have waited for Brad…but I warned him if I had the opportunity to know, I would find out. Oh well, at least we get to do it together next month. July 6th.

Look at my little pea!!

IMG_4387

 

IMG_4388

Look at that beautiful little femur!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_4390

A little blurry, but SOOOO sweet ! IMG_4392

The best for last!! Look at this little baby looking at me!!---it’s kind of creepy looking, but nonetheless I love it!!

eek, in all honesty, it looks like a creep skeleton :)

Oh, and of course. What kind of mom would I be if I didn’t wish my sweet Elijah a “Happy 11 months today!!! IMG_4373

Isn’t he TOTALLY Brad in this pic??

No comments:

Post a Comment