Natural Childbirth Classes

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Have you been wondering what’s going on?

Firstly, no baby yet! Sorry if I scared anyone with my distance/silence. I’ve just been busy….probably busier now than ever in my life!

I have been working my tail off in school. What is due at the end of the semester, around the second week of December for normal students, is due around Thanksgiving for me. 2 weeks. Yikes! The worst is over I think, last week was so intense. On top of that, we are getting near the end of the basement and I am not the kind of girl that sits around to watch things happen. So you gotta see what’s happened from Friday (12th) until tonight (14)…as I look at my blue and red splattered hands. I need a good manicure and pampering day…

IMG_6023

It was SOO dusty from all the drywall dust, as you can tell from the photo (11/7) 

IMG_6040

The start of the floors. Thanks to Tim, Jeff and Dan we got them done in less than a week!

IMG_6041

We then got to start painting (no milk paint this time, but no VOC at least). Becky and I kicked butt and got just about everything done in one day!…and if someone tells me for the 500th time I shouldn’t be on a ladder, I might lose it. Tell me what pregnant women do in countries that have ten times the work load we do here?---Anyway, gimme a break. Pregnant does NOT equal disabled.

So here we stand tonight…the floors are finished, painting is 99% finished, most of the baseboards are put in…basically a lot has been done. The only thing that is left is to get the columns in, which I think will be this week. Paint baseboards, put in a few switches, bar lights, and one last door. The end is so close….I think I may see a nursery getting done next weekend. Cross your fingers for me!!

IMG_6057

the tv area, looking into the future bar. Which will be set up by Christmas. Brad’s parent’s GENEROUSLY gifted us the cabinetry and bar set up. It will be awesome! Can’t forget my dad either (not just for taking out the trash, but taking out his checkbook more often than we anticipated!) – We certainly have some great parents.

IMG_6049

The “office”. You like our blue accent wall? Pretty blue isn’t it?IMG_6054

tv area.

IMG_6058

the huge hallway.

So there you have it. With school, basement, family and pregnancy life is too crazy.

So let me get onto more exciting things….

I went to Dr. Chen last Tuesday and got the final ultrasound! She is estimating 6 pounds 8 oz and is perfectly healthy. I need to take a pic of the ultrasound because you can see her so clearly…almost too clear because I’m worried she has a “piggly” nose. The ultrasound tech assures me that it’s just smooshed against my uterus because she has no more room. I believe it, but I sure hope she will have a sweet nose.

I am not dialated at all. I haven’t felt any contractions, so I think she is okay having a smooshy nose in there for now.

I have the hosptial bags packed, her co-sleeper ready in our room, diapers, wipes, clothes…what else? I need to get the car seat in the car…OH! I brought up the bouncy seat, but that's going to be useless I can already tell because Elijah has made his claim. That is HIS bouncy recliner. I get the feeling teaching your kids to share is a hard lesson to teach. We’ll see.

I am also having some anxiety about being in the hospital away from Elijah. It’s the first time I will be away for the night and I don’t like it. He is going to miss me!!! I am going to miss him worse I think….who knows what I’ll be feeling at that time with the new baby and all. However right now it makes me terribly sad to think about be away from him for a few nights. He is so stinking sweet. This morning Brad and I both woke up to the baby monitor saying “Daddy… Daddy!”….so Brad went to get him, and as I was laying in bed, Elijah barged through the door; “Mamma, Mamma!”

Having a family is just the best thing ever. I never in a million years thought I would be the person I am with the blessings I have. Now we have another blessing to expect in oh…just about 17 days.   :)

That’s it for now. I have a couple projects for school, but nothing like last week, so I’ll make sure to update sooner next time. Actually…probably tomorrow because Elijah will be 16 months old, and it is definitely time for his first hair cut. I refuse for my child to have a curly rat tail…so that’s getting chopped first thing in the morning. but, if anyone could pull it off, he could…. Goodnight all.IMG_6038

No comments:

Post a Comment