Natural Childbirth Classes

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Here’s our ‘little boy’!

BEFORE

IMG_6074

He did not like the hair cut one bit, the clippers intimidated him! (geez…I should have probably stayed and had something done to my hair too…)

and AFTER:

IMG_6088

He looks SO much better now though!

IMG_6095

and happier :)

Not only did he get a haircut, but he graduated a shoe size. I had to retire my favorite little size 4’s he wears to clumsier looking size 5’s.

I have to tell you, he is talking up a storm now. We are trying to teach him the word ‘help’ so he doesn’t point and grunt for when he wants something. It’s worked….sort of…his word for help is perfectly spoken as ‘down’. LOL….he asks ‘down’ for everything. Even when he wants up!

I haven’t heard him expand his vocabulary too much since I posted his list of words. But his comprehension has expanded a lot! We have his ridiculous fascination with books to thank. He points to everything in the book, “Dat, Dat?” – asking what’s that. We seriously have to ‘read’ him 10 books at least twice a day. It’s great, especially when he pats your leg to let you know he has to sit there when you read to him. And to think I was afraid he wouldn’t like books…Actually it’s the opposite. There isn’t a show that is on tv (that Emma watches at least) that interests him in the slightest bit. Can’t say I’m sad about that.

So, are you ready for Ms. Piggly-Nose? Here she is (as of last Tuesday the 9th…actually, exactly one week ago).IMG_6066

Take a look at those lips too! I asked if that was her tongue sticking out, but nope, just her lips! – Who knows where she got those from! I know she is 1,000,000 times cuter than what we see here, but can you fault me for saying that I still think she looks sweet? Black, puffy eye and all?  :) IMG_6067

oh, and she is indeed still a girl

IMG_6068

lastly, here is her little foot that I will probably remember most about my third trimester. At the moment this ‘picture’ was taken, she was jabbing this little foot into the right side of my tummy.  Like she always does to make me jump and squirm. Does it look like her right foot to you?

I am getting excited to see her! I’m just really hoping she waits until after Black Friday. Or at least until after this weekend. We’re planning to go to Chicago on Saturday to do some Ikea shopping – crazy idea…probably, but I don’t want to be left out :) besides, I’ll see Dr. Chen this Friday and make a more educated decision then.

Not only do I want to go to Ikea, but we plan to eat at Texas De Brazil while we’re there….that is the B E S T place EVER!! mmmm…sooo hungry right now. Anyway. I have an ecology test tomorrow that I am totally not prepared for, but I am so burnt out with ecology I only made it two hours at the library tonight. Wish me luck, I will probably need it.

Before I go to bed, here is my 38 week survey

  • How far along? 37 weeks 6 days
  • Total weight gain/loss: –.5 (yes, I am a super freak and step on the scale multiple times a day.
  • Maternity clothes? nope, Brad’s shirts and those Old Navy fleece pants
  • Stretch marks? no, just that deep blue vein that keeps protruding father and father….funny, it’s right where her little foot jabs me!!
  • Sleep: not so well, my body pillow is too misshapen being so old and the tempurpedic mattress is too soft to support my belly and back.
  • Best moment this week: realizing that when I have her home I will feel and be much more able than I realized, because I won’t be pregnant anymore! I don’t know why I didn’t figure that out before….
  • Movement: that little foot, and her booty rolling from time to time up by my top ribs
  • Food cravings: orange Gatorade…how crazy?? So unnatural, but so irresistible! Maybe I need more electrolytes or something??
  • Gender: girl
  • Labor Signs: no, but I started to feel dull period-like cramps this week
  • Belly Button in or out? the top part sticks out a little
  • What I miss: being able to hug Brad…I mean a good squeezy hug; tummy to tummy. It’s awkward and uncomfortable at my size.
  • What I am looking forward to: a cold beer with some of Mary’s super yummy hot wings. She makes the best kind
  • Weekly Wisdom: Pregnancy is beautiful. Even when I get dumbfounded stares from strangers about how bizarre I must look (I am mostly speaking of 18 year old freshmen at school) – I should never let it question my self-confidence in my pregnant body
  • Milestones: She has been practice breathing for more than a week now, so that means she’ll be ready, when she’s ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment