Natural Childbirth Classes

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Athena’s 15 month check up!

  We’ve got ourselves one healthy little girl. Praise God for that. She is tall and skinny! 31 1/4 inches and only 19 pounds 3 oz. And let me tell you I am proud of her….

When her doctor (who I really like) started to check her out, she fought like it was the end of her life! And when the shots came – whoa – all I can say is that I’m glad Brad was there with me because I don’t think I could have managed it all.

I am proud that she has a fighting spirit! It encourages me to think that she will fight against things that make her uncomfortable, hold her back or just make her mad.

I know most kids would react this way, but when your first child is like Elijah (that doesn’t even cry or squirm when he gets a shot), then it’s pretty eye opening to see the flip side of that demeanor.
IMG_2809
My little fightin' chick!

I can’t believe how big she has grown in the last few months. She is really starting to take off walking now. She’s been quite stubborn about it the past few months – knowing how, but not quite interested.
It’s hard not to think about how much she’s grown and reflect back on how exciting it was anticipating her birth, her first smile, her first solid foods – and all those milestone events. Makes me appreciate myself when I blog like I should, so I can always click back and enjoy when my babies were little.
My little Feensie, I love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment