Natural Childbirth Classes

Friday, May 18, 2012

I never had fast labors

And I was kind of resentful back then.
Although, labor with Athena was much faster than Elijah’s it wasn’t fast by any means. I’ll be honest, with both of my labors, I didn’t want to endure what the whole world knows to be ‘the most unbearable pain’ for any longer than I had to.

I’m glad I know better now.

Firstly, the pain of labor wasn’t unbearable. That’s what I love about the Bradley Method, it taught me how to work with the pain, rather than endure the pain. Secondly, I HAVE known worse pain. My right femur was shattered in a car accident and I look back on that and consider many days and moments as pure agony.

I came across a great blog explaining why a long labor may not be so bad. It’s called The "Slow Birth" Movement. I really appreciate the author’s insight and tone. It really made me think and appreciate having average, healthy labors.

Some people may call me a sicko – but, I can look back and cherish all my hard work through labor. It was intense, but more than worth it. Dare I say - I am looking forward to it again (if we decide on #3).

Anyhow, I wanted to share this blog. I think its a great and I hope you enjoy it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment