Natural Childbirth Classes

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Our unintentional weekend

We woke up Saturday morning and for the first time, in a long time, had nothing planned. It’s amazing how quickly we fill up our free-time!
First, we took the ferry over to Illinois. Elijah loves all things that move so we thought he would love it. And he did, a little too much. The ferry ride wasn’t long enough so he was pretty disappointed when we  had to buckle up in the van just after a few short minutes.

IMG_3825 Check out how big he’s getting. It sounds so redundant, and I know EVERY parent is amazed at how fast their kids grow up – but I feel like I am in shock sometimes when I think back to when he was still my little Tootum Pie.

IMG_3823                       
Athena didn’t really even notice that we were on the ferry. As long as she had a cheesy Pringle in her hand, not much else mattered :)

IMG_3864  You probably know by now that I want family pictures of everything, all the time.

IMG_3890 
    I try to get sibling pictures, but they never turn out as cute as I envision them.

IMG_3938     After the ferry ride we stopped to throw some rocks – one of the kids favorite things to do. I love this picture of Brad and Athena!

IMG_3942     You’d be surprised how far Elijah could toss a rock! (future baseball pitcher Brad hopes….)

 IMG_3949
     He’s giving his sister flowers. How sweet is that?!

As if that wasn’t enough for one day, we decided to get together and have a barbeque. For the first time all of us got together at a park. With the kids getting so big and active it is a perfect place to have a family get-together and avoid having your house turned upside down. Everyone from my side of the family could come except my mom and Allison.

It was a great time for the toddlers though. Swing sets, slides, sand and softball field dirt – can’t get much better than that for these kids.  

IMG_4035
     If only his sandbox was a big as a volleyball court….

  IMG_4069
     Brad and Emma playing kickball.

IMG_4077    Aubrey in the cutest green dress!

IMG_4106    My little Athena – she doesn’t think she’s any smaller than her older cousins.

IMG_4115
     One of my favorite pictures of the day! Isn’t he one of the most handsome little guys you’ve ever seen?? Dirt and all!

IMG_4014

   And here is my all time favorite picture of the day! (Steph, don’t hate me if you didn’t want me to share this!) Obviously she is ready to have my “mystery” niece/nephew any day now! And it’s always fun to have her stand next to Becky, just to emphasize Becky’s not even 5 foot

:) (Don’t hate me either Becky)

Our evening concluded with going out with some friends of Brad that were visiting from Germany. I love chatting with Europeans, and getting their opinion on how different it is there versus the U.S.

Later this week Brad and I have our 4 year wedding anniversary coming up. So now I’ve gotta brainstorm about what we’re going to do….

No comments:

Post a Comment