Natural Childbirth Classes

Thursday, March 26, 2009

What is it? Flu or Strep...comon people...

Saturday evening I started feeling really bad. Cold, feverish but decided to go home and sleep it off. I knew I had a fever, because I was FREEZING cold. So I had a very difficult time Saturday night. Sunday morning, still the same thing.
Brad drove me to a Take Care Clinic at Walgreens. (only $20 - not bad) and she tested me for strep throat and it came up negative. She said I had the flu or a flu like virus (GREAT - last time I had the flu I thought I was dying). So I get sent home with tylenol for the fever.
Sunday afternoon I can even hold water down. Everything is just getting puked up, which is worrisome for dehydration. I called off work for Monday and then called Dr. Chen. He said stick with the tylenol and if I don't get better by Wednesday to come see him.
Well, I stuck with the plan but kept puking. By Tuesday morning I can't even swallow my own salavia! My throat was so swollen all I could see were tonsils. I managed through Tuesday, but called Dr. Chen and he prescribed me an antibiotic - amoxicillin.
Being a medicine/chemical phobe I decided to wait until Wednesday to take them. So luckily I didn't have a fever all day wednesday, my throat started feeling better and now I'm back to work on Thursday with just feeling a little groggy.
Our bodies are truly amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment