Natural Childbirth Classes

Saturday, August 29, 2009

I love Elijah

he is so sweet. He is smiling just about all the time. Those who said your child's smile melt the heart was absolutely right!

So much has happened since I last blogged. We took Elijah on his first road trip to see his great grandma in Lake City Iowa. I'm glad Brad's grandmother got to see her great grandson, but if we had to do it again, I don't think I would. It is normally a 7 hour drive and we stopped many times obviously, but not enough. The last 100 miles home was AWFUL. He was crying, I was crying. All he wanted was to be held.
That was our adventure last weekend.

I started school last week also. This has become a challenge to get up in time to drop Elijah off at Becky's house so I can be at class at 8. Waking up early isn't the problem (we're normally up by 6ish -- I mean, Elijah is normally WAKING me up; I don't get up that early on my own free will) :)
So, anyway, the challenge is trying to get everything he needs for Becky. Although she has everything he may need at her house since she's about to pop out my niece in the next week or so. I'm also struggling trying to find time and a place at school to pump. I need help with this big time. Going to the bathroom is so disgusting to me, but I don't have time to go anywhere else...ugh....needless to say I was engorged all last week during school. thank God I remembered breast pads at least.

Elijah is now in his 6th week. So as I read, this explains his endless nursing and sleeping. He was getting on a pretty good routine nursing every 3-3.5 hours during the day and giving me at least a 5-6 hour stretch at night.
Well, now it is every 2 hours or LESS! He better have grown so much today that he's crawling tomorrow!!! j/k....I'm definitely not ready for that yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment