Natural Childbirth Classes

Monday, August 3, 2009

not too easy to blog these days...

I have to document the funniest thing. Elijah enjoys laying down and checking out his surroundings. Well, part of his surrounding would include the little mullet he some how grew (must have been Brad's genes) :)
The little stinker finds his hair and pulls it until he cries! What's so funny is that he doesn't let go, he clenches his fists tighter and pulls hard, making him cry harder! It's funny, but not....okay, I love him dearly, but it is hilarious! I hope I can get a video of him doing it. Here's a photo though.
Soooooo sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
Aside from his hair pulling, I feel so busy ALL the time! The only moments of down time, are during his naps (or when Brad has him a bit) - but even during nap time (like right now) I am catching up on all kinds of housework it seems. I will admit that I do like it though, because I get to do things my way all the time and keep it that way.
Eijah is so wonderful. Some nights he doesn't even cry if I can catch his needs soon enough. All he needs is to eat and be changed and occasionally want to be snuggled and held instead of staying in the co-sleeper thingie. Breastfeeding is still kind of up and down most days, although I am excited that I can nurse without the shield more often now...depending on his mood and how hard he wants to work. At night I don't even battle him, I just want him to eat and go right back to bed.

The past few days have been strange though...he will nurse for OVER an hour. I guess it was a growth spurt? -- as long as his poops are yellow, I don't care
I've also been trying to moderately follow the Baby Wise sleeping schedule. It's pretty easy so far, and I guess it's working a bit because Elijah will sleep 4 1/2 - 5 hours at night. It's normally 10:30 - 3 am. I start school at the end of the month, so I am nervous about how to regulate his schedule in the morning before I have to leave for class by 7:15 (and that doesn't include the time I will have to take him somewhere to be watched for those few hours -- no one was kidding around when they said you won't sleep anymore).
That's about it in my world lately. I am just so surprised at how much I love him. It grows every day...I may burst soon. :D

Here are some of my favorite pictures that we took this last week...
My super sweet family :)
Aunt Steefie and Elijah
Aunt Beequee!
Me, my Magoo (Emma) and my little Tootum Pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment