Natural Childbirth Classes

Friday, September 3, 2010

2 week visits, already?

Are you serious? I can’t believe I am that far along that I have graduated from my monthly doctor visits. Geez, I mean, it really hit me today I got to get my stuff organized! What sucks is that getting organized with a crib, monitor, clothes, diapers, etc all costs money….thanks to Tipsy and basement expenses I have to summon my inner bargain shopper. I am up for the challenge, but have you ever tried to take your baby to garage sales? – not the easiest thing in the world to do…

Aside from that everything is great. Dr. Chen is really pleased with everything. He says my weight is healthy now and it looks like smooth sailing.  Next I have to get my blood test this week for the diabetes and blood count.

Today  is Brad’s birthday and he said he had a good day. I hope so. Elijah and I got him a portable speaker for his new iphone. And he later got himself the new playstation madden game….hooray….(insert sarcasm) “I am so glad you found the game you like Goose”  (end sarcasm)

just kidding. I’m just poking fun because I bought that game for him last year on his birthday and he returned it because he wanted something else….so I didn’t buy it this year, but he went and got it anyway…..

I guess it’s time for me to document a few of these things. So here is survey #1 for #2 :)

  • How far along? 27 weeks 1 day
    Total weight gain/loss: negative 8
  • Maternity clothes? sometimes, but I really don’t like them at all
  • Stretch marks? just the ones from before
  • Sleep: I wake to pee 2 times and have to sleep in the middle of the bed where it’s firmer
    Best moment this week: feeling her get the hiccups for the first time on Thursday!
  • Movement: she’s a maniac. Kicks my bladder and punches my ribs at the same time
  • Food cravings: seafood. I have been waiting for months to get some really good crab legs…mm…
  • Gender: girl :)
  • Labor Signs: no, but I feel some braxon hicks when I walk
    Belly Button in or out? in
  • What I miss:feeling more able to do things
  • What I am looking forward to: having things prepared for her
  • Weekly Wisdom: I try to cherish my “alone” time with her as much as possible, because I know I will soon have to share her with everyone else. Same goes for Elijah, I cherish more and more the alone time we get to spend uninterrupted.
    Milestones: 2 week visits! 3rd trimester (I made a mistake in my previous blog…I was only 26 weeks, and I thought I was 27 – I really don’t need to speed this process up, it’s fast on it’s own!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment