Natural Childbirth Classes

Monday, September 27, 2010

So I’ve embraced Fall…

I found my fall wreath for my door, my little scarecrow that I put by the front porch and my cute, ghost ‘Happy Halloween’ sign. Now they’re all hanging outside, as if I can now welcome the weather change. And as if that didn’t put me in the mood, I baked two loaves of banana nut bread tonight. --- that was actually more a necessity because my bananas were going bad. But it does smell wonderful and autumn-like now. All I wish now, is I had some mature trees in the neighborhood to see the leaves change color.

Today has been exhausting! It must be the later stages of pregnancy…or it could be this ridiculous Ecology class that I’m in that makes me hike to a stream, then dangerously slosh my way through the vermin infested waters to reach an appointed spot to collect any kind of bugs we can capture. It’s so gross…I hate to admit that we successfully collected leaches today - among other things - but those being the most despicable (did you ever see the movie ‘Stand by Me’? I’m no boy, but I couldn’t imagine pulling leaches off my bits).

As soon as I hiked my way back to my car (thankfully I parked closer than normal) I sped home and jumped in the shower.

Tomorrow is going to be another crazy day. Becky is dropping off the girls early because she has an exam and the HVAC guy is coming by to install the ventilation downstairs. Hopefully all the children behave, including the internal one. She feels like she’s trying to sink lower and lower every day. It is much more uncomfortable than it was with Elijah. I feel like it’s happening sooner too.

Anyway, here is some progress to our basement. Hoooray! We have light!IMG_5396

This is the bar area…the two blocks you see are going to create a separation from the tv area (which you can’t see because I’m in space taking the pic). It will look great with pillars and all.

IMG_5397

This is the other side…the tv area. Yea, I know. I wish we could have flipped it and have the bar area by the windows, but plumbing dictated that this is how we will have to set up the spaces. IMG_5398

This is the insanely wide hallway that is from the TV area to storage and the ‘office’. I don’t know why we didn’t see that it was going to be so wide, in the end I think we will manage. We will put up bookshelves on either side and store all of my books that I can’t part with  -that seems to be the only ‘pack-rat’ side I have about me – you never know when you may need a chemistry book from the 70’s you found at a garage sale :)

IMG_5399

This is the office, and where Elijah is moderately safe to play while he watches his grandpa and dad fix things up.

IMG_5401

Lastly, this is taken from the office and  you’re looking at the entrance to storage and at the end of the hall to the left will be the future bathroom.

I know it’s difficult to visualize without seeing it in person, but that’s why I don’t make documentaries for discovery channel.

Aghhh.. Elijah just woke up chewing on his pipila…must be time for tooth #7 to make it’s debut. Hopefully soon. Night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment