Natural Childbirth Classes

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Hooray! Basement work has started!

I am SO excited. I know it’s going to be a lot of money, time and frustration…but I can’t wait to have more space around here. Elijah’s new favorite thing is throwing things and slamming dents into our hardwood floors….so he’s gotta go…downstairs that is :)

With this recent wild-man-like character I’ve definitely decided to go with laminate floors down there. I don’t even want to think what carpet may look like in a couple years from now. Not to mention he’ll throw a fit if he can’t roll his train over a rug, so laminate it is.

Speaking of the little booger, he is sick for the first time since we had the swine flu back in October. It’s even hard to say if he is “sick”. His nose is runny (but so are most of his cousins – and it’s clear, not gross). He’s had a low fever, and major diarrhea (with diaper rash as a bonus) but I see a couple more teeth trying to pop their way through. Who knows, but it breaks my heart that he feels bad. I wish mommies really could kiss pain away.

Either way, I’ve decided that I am going to spike his formula with some breast milk once his sister is here. I mean, why not? Especially if it keeps him healthier throughout the cold and flu season.

So, back to the basement. I found this guy on craigslist, and so far so good. He is really kind, efficient and a no BS kind of guy. I took some pics today. The only thing is that he is working alone and is a little slow…but it doesn’t matter to me that much. As long as the work is good and safe in the end – that’s what matters (I’ve been watching Holmes on Homes like crazy – I openly have a small crush on Mike Holmes too)  :)

 

IMG_5256

What took him (his name is Ron) one day, took Brad’s buddies months…and notice there are no stray beer bottles either :)

IMG_5257

This is the future bedroom office. There is no legal means of egress, so my dad will sleep in the office.

Oh! While I’m posting pictures. Look at Elijah. His new thing is talking on the phone. He will hold a cell phone in his hand and hold it up to ear (his shoulder blades rather), tilt his head, get serious look and babble his language. SOOOO sweet. I could eat him up! Not a great photo, but worth documenting and sharing with you.IMG_5250

Brad is out of town again :(

Ugh….he will be gone until Friday, then leave Sunday to return home the following Friday. All I know is, is that he better be racking up the frequent flier miles so we can fly discounted (or upgraded!).  It sucks when he’s gone. Especially now because it’s getting harder for me to lean and pull Eli out of the tub safely. I hate feel incapable – especially when it comes to caring for my baby. At least I have Brad (and my dad around). I can appreciate a single parent’s sacrifice a lot more now – even though my experience doesn’t really compare.

Oh, other news is I failed the glucose test. I’m pretty shocked. I passed perfectly with Elijah. So this Saturday morning (at the crack of dawn again) before Aubrey’s birthday party I have to get the 3 hour test done. Apparently I didn’t fail that badly. I got a 140, and Dr. Chen’s cut off number is 120.  The only thing that has me worried (thank to googling, of course) is that she measured bigger at the 20 week ultrasound than the average baby and I am thirsty a lot. I down two bottles a water in the middle of night, which I don’t recall doing with Elijah (while pregnant).

We’ll see what happens. I’m sure Dr. Chen will give me more info at my appt on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment