Natural Childbirth Classes

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Fall is finally here!

And I’m not quite ready. I have been complaining about the heat a lot lately, but now it’s official that summer is over. It just makes me more anxious about the next few months. Sure, I am going to enjoy all of the festivities I’ve been looking forward to, but it also means that I will have another child soon!

Speaking of her….I feel so bad that we don’t have a name for her yet. Elijah was Elijah by my second trimester pregnant with him. I am creeping on 31 weeks and we are debating…still. Part of me needs to see her first. If you ask asked us what our top picks are, it would change by next week. So far we are going back and forth with Athena and Evangelia (Evie). Both are Greek names, but I am still having an issue calling her a name ( I did with Elijah too, even after his name was decided). I know…we still have a good 10 weeks, but we all know how quickly that’s going to go by.

Speaking of time flying, Aubrey had her first birthday last week! I remember the day she was born –take a look; actually it’s one of my all time favorite pictures ever.aubrey birth

Now look at her!

IMG_5276 IMG_5336

She is my Doobrey Doops….I rarely call her Aubrey :)

Take a look at these photos too….my grandchildren are getting so big!!

IMG_5376

Above is a little boy…for some reason I like to call him Frisco.

IMG_5378

Above is Pinky Poo…we’ll probably keep her, because she is the only one who wags her tail when Elijah climbs in the box with them :)

IMG_5386

Above is Frisco and Gizmo…the all black one. Becky is probably going to get Gizmo and give it to Emma for her 5th birthday at the end of November. Now we just need to find Frisco a home…if Brad allows. He is falling for all 3 of them!

In other news I got a crib for the new baby! It came in a few weeks ago. I got it from Amazon.com (I am totally addicted) and it is great. It was a fraction of the cost of Elijah’s crib, and will convert all the way to a full size.

Today's Baby New Yorker Convertible Crib

Now my challenge is to get my childhood furniture to match. It has to be painted, unfortunately. Lowes tried to color match a paint to the crib, but they said it takes too much pigment (basically it’s too dark). So I got a couple samples and have started painting. I’m not thrilled with the results, so I am going to go to a Sherwin Williams store to see if they have a better option. If not, then I’ll go with what I can. – I don’t know when I became so anal. I would have never cared about this stuff a few years ago!

Lastly, I am SOOOO thrilled with basement progress! Ron finished framing last Thursday. I got the St. Charles Permit on Friday and Neal (Brad’s dad) is probably more than half way done with all of the electric work, as of tonight! The negative about all of this….well, you can guess.

$$$$$$

Extra expenses have crept up, as planned, but maybe a little bit more than planned. It’s all okay, but I probably won’t be able to get the floors I really want, or buy new furniture, but at least I will have a place for my dad to stay and a place for my new baby to sleep! (Although she will probably be in our room for a while). I’ll post some pics tomorrow for you to see.

That’s it for my Sunday evening. I’m wiped out! I’m gonna pour myself a glass of milk and hopefully watch an episode of Iron Chef before I start another hectic- mom/wife/student/superwoman- work week!

No comments:

Post a Comment