Natural Childbirth Classes

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Where do I start?

I started off by blogging my complaints about the Similac recall. I had a couple paragraphs ranting and raving about the inconvenience it has become…then Brad called me and my mood changed completely.

He’s been out of town for the last two weeks (we hung out on Saturday together) and finally he’s coming home tomorrow. As I was talking to him this morning I was complaining that Elijah’s formula has been recalled, and my morning had started off crappy because Eli cut his nose open…blablabla. Right now I am so thankful for those inconveniences to my day.

Brad told me one of his colleges that lives in Dallas (where he is currently) wasn’t able to make it to a planned dinner and he later found out it was because her 18 month old son drowned that day.  It has bothered me emotionally all day long.

I’m SO glad Elijah has just a cut on his nose. I am THANKFUL that I’m just dealing with his worst case of diaper rash. I have cherished every tantrum he threw today, because I have him.

People would always say you can’t understand some things until you become a mother…I completely agree. It is devastating to lose a child – you can understand that as a single person, but when you are able to look at your own child you can almost feel the devastation that the mother must be feeling. That’s what I’m feeling today. I can’t pray enough for that mother and family. Please pray for them too, especially if you are a mom, and can understand what I’m trying to express.

I can’t wait for Brad to get home. I know he can’t wait to be here either (I just found out he’s coming in the morning and not late at night – woohoo!).

I really don’t feel like talking about all the exciting things that have been happening. I’ll try and fill it all in later. Although I am very thankful for the blessings that have come my way (regarding furniture, cribs, puppies, basement, etc)…the blessing I’m counting most dear is the ability to go kiss my son’s cut nose, make sure he’s tucked with his bear and wait for morning to come so we can have the biggest family hug we’ve ever had. IMG_5387

The word ‘love’ just doesn’t capture what you feel sometimes, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment