Natural Childbirth Classes

Friday, October 1, 2010

9 weeks to go!

My, my how time is FLYING by!

  • How far along? 31 weeks 1 day
  • Total weight gain/loss: negative 1 – I’ve gained quite a bit in the last few weeks!
  • Maternity clothes? I can’t stand maternity pants. Luckily I am still squeezing into two pair of jeans – yes, probably those two you see me wear ALL the time :)
  • Stretch marks?  nothing new yet, but I have a feeling….
  • Sleep: getting better, as far as backaches -  but I still wake up to pee
  • Best moment this week: looking in the mirror and ‘looking’ pregnant instead of just fat
  • Movement: all the time, and really strong lately! I think I feel her little booty or head sometimes.
  • Food cravings: edamame beans (the dried kind)
  • Gender: girl
  • Labor Signs: nope
  • Belly Button in or out? in, but getting more and more shallow
  • What I miss: bending at the waist to pick sometime up. I have to do the awkward, pregnancy-sumo-squat to get something
  • What I am looking forward to: the holidays, and taking our Christmas family photo
  • Weekly Wisdom: I know I’m really superwoman sometimes, even if it isn’t acknowledged. Guys really just don’t get it sometimes
  • Milestones: ending my 7th month this week, and officially taking me 20 minutes to shave my legs properly, due obstructed vision

I went today for my bimonthly check up. I passed the 3 hour glucose test! Thank goodness, because we all know Elijah is too small to eat his Halloween candy. All of the rest of  my stats are perfect, so I couldn’t be happier.

Speaking of Halloween. I went to a church sale the other day and got his costume. I can’t justify paying $20+ for him to wear a costume for an evening (even if I did find a garden gnome costume I LOVED!)

So he is going to be a $6 dragon…or, that’s what we’re hoping he will be. He wasn’t too fond of it when I tried it on him.IMG_5425 IMG_5427

we shall see.

Oh my goodness….I wish you could see him now. I just laid him down for bed and he is drifting to sleep while caressing and cuddling his favorite bear. It think it’s so stinking cute he loves his bear--- and just that one, no other.

As I got to hold him and give him a bedtime bottle, I couldn’t help but think and pray for that lady that lost her son last week. I am so thankful for every day. Nothing is guaranteed to us, we just have to love each moment. IMG_5405

We are headed to a pumpkin patch tomorrow. I’m really excited! It’s the start of all the Fall things I love, and now it will be even more fun because of all the kids we anxiously waited for last year. They are the perfect age to run around and get filthy in a hay stack. – That reminds me…I better go charge my cameras so I can share the day with you later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment