Natural Childbirth Classes

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Uuuh – Oooh.

I think we hear this a hundred times a day now :)

We’re trying to limit our wild man’s behavior by telling him to not throw toys…only balls (maybe that’s too complicated for him to figure out at this point, but he’s smart, I have faith). So, now when he throws his LEGOs it’s “okay” to throw them because, Uuuh-ooh, it was an accident. It’s so stinking cute though when he says it, and gets this expression on his face like “how’d that happen?”

Along with that he is also expanding his vocabulary!

  • nana = banana
  • brrm brrm = balloon
  • botum = bottle/hungry
  • ot = hot
  • hai hai = no (this is hilarious. He screams ‘hai hai’ and squats like a football player pointing to things that he knows are a ‘no no’ to touch)

That may be it….unless I’m forgetting something. Anyway, I am bad about pulling out the baby book and writing these kinds of things down, so my excuse is that I’ll blog about it and write it in later.

I guess  cold and flu season is upon us now. I am dreading it. Mostly because, like I mentioned before, I’ve never really had to deal with a sick child! I’ve been fortunate enough that Elijah has never really been sick on many occasions.

His cousin Logan is having a rough time staying well. He even had an ear infection that burst his ear drum! Oddly enough Aubrey is also going through something similar. She has an ear infection and the meds aren’t really working fast enough and she is a crying, fussy mess.

I’m so nervous that he may get sick. I think I am more nervous for me than him. Hopefully I’ll know what to do, and how to handle it. Luckily, I am not squeamish about sticking a thermometer up his bum. But I’m not really confident about anything else.

why do I feel like I am being completely neurotic and pregnancy minded? – I probably am.

Brad is off of work tomorrow so we can finish up some basement things (including track down a new HVAC guy…Bob is soooooo fired). Anyway, it’s late, I’m rambling and I think I can catch the last bit of Iron Chef before bed, so goodnight all.

No comments:

Post a Comment