Natural Childbirth Classes

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

What a weekend!

We managed to make it to the pumpkin patch on Saturday (finally)! Although, I have to complain a little because it wasn’t the “fall” activity I was hoping – it was so hot everyone was sweating their butts off. A few of us even walked away with some sun!

But the best part was Sunday!!! Stephanie and Becky threw me a surprise baby shower! It was so exciting! I still can’t believe it! I knew they had been acting funny the past few weeks….well, I guess I mean I couldn’t figure it out. They would go out and I figured they wouldn’t call me because Elijah is so particular with his schedule sometimes and a pain in the butt if he is off his routine. Those sneaks!!

I got a little more confused when on Sunday Brad said we would go to lunch and didn’t go until after 2!! I hadn’t eaten all day, we kept procrastinating, Elijah was being SOOO clingy (he has a cough, and a cold). But it was worth it because the weather was so nice and we decided to eat outside on Main Street St. Charles. Even better when we went to Winery of the Little Hills (one of my favorite places – with really yummy raspberry wine). As we are walking up to get seated there are all these pink balloons and familiar faces!  What a great surprise! Stephanie has the pictures I’ll have to get from her and post.

I can’t thank everyone enough for the gifts, participation and for just thinking of me. I’ve been an emotional rollercoaster and it was perfect timing to “feel” that love from everyone – especially my sisters. Thank you guys!!!! I love you both soooo much. :)

Oh, well here is one pic I can share. The diaper cake! It looks great ( I love gerber daisies) even with the “brown” diapers I use :)

IMG_5687

I’ll admit. I’m still overwhelmed by all of the pink. I’m having a girl….a girl without a name!! Even the cake at the shower said “Welcome Baby ???” I can’t help but laugh that my poor baby doesn’t even have an identity yet! I love her, nonetheless :)

In other good news! After much anger and frustration, Bob (who’s name I say very dryly and with contempt) is finished!! Hooray! He said that he would be finished Monday the 4th, which turned into no communication until Friday the 8th (which he didn’t show up AGAIN!) and finally he came on Sunday to work all day and finished up a few hours yesterday. Good Grief!! but the inspection is scheduled for tomorrow morning. Cross your fingers that we pass so we can start insulation and that Ron can come back on the 18th to start the drywall.   

 

Okay I jut tried to upload a slideshow of our pumpkin patch visit, but it didn’t work. With it being a Tuesday morning I have the girls here so I fear my “peaceful” time is limited…so here are some good ones from the day. (Again, I need some of yours schploof!)

 

IMG_5515

He wasn’t feeling great (he hasn’t been all weekend) so he wanted mama…a lot

IMG_5527

Why did I put him in orange?

IMG_5546

Logan wore those pretty much all day!

IMG_5560

Batman holding Superman!

IMG_5573

It was so funny seeing all of the dads sqeezing on the train with their kids :)

IMG_5588

Evan is probably the world’s BEST baby. Probably one of the cutest too.

IMG_5590

Logan was actually laughing most of the ride (I think)…you can see how well Elijah like it…look in the background. I eventually had to take him off because it was becoming too dangerous once I got stomped on! stupid pony…

IMG_5598

Aubrey was in heaven, being the animal lover she is.

IMG_5610

Look at all of those toofers!

IMG_5613

Emma with a huge pumpkin!

IMG_5625

We were all ready to go after a few hours….it was nearly 90 degrees!

IMG_5658

Oh, and since we were out that way (at Rombach’s) we stopped for some chicken and a shake….Aubrey was happy about the shake :)

So there you have it! Perfect timing too…my sickly little guy just woke up from an unusual morning nap….so I gotta snuggle him a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment