Natural Childbirth Classes

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Hurry up, but wait….

That’s what I feel like right now! A friend of ours had her baby yesterday! She was 3 1/2 weeks further along than me, and she’s got her little baby already! – Both of them are doing great. I got to visit tonight (Mary, Jeff and their new son Tristan).

As soon as I heard that her water broke and labor was imminent, I really freaked out a bit. I am by NO means ready to have a baby yet. So Mary’s story has got my act in order. Here is what I have started to take care of:

  1. start packing hospital bag
  2. start looking for super-cute-homecoming outfit
  3. find her a teddy bear not made in China
  4. pester Brad  even worse than before about her name
  5. start washing all of her sheets, clothes, etc
  6. sanitize breast pump stuff
  7. find a decent, used mattress that has been off-gassed
  8. slip cover her nursery chair
  9. finish painting furniture
  10. buy newborn diapers
  11. finish getting nursery decor
  12. pull out bouncy seat, bathtub, swing, etc

I think that about covers it for her things. However that doesn’t make me feel warm and fuzzy even if it was all checked off. The puppies are slowly going to their new homes. One left last night, one will leave tomorrow night and the other I am debating on holding onto until Emma’s birthday, Nov 29th. Seriously, because my “nesting” list is getting longer and longer and trying to train a pup doesn’t even make the top 20. We’ll see…my dad and Brad have offered to help so the surprise is good for my Magoo (Emma).

What stinks is that I feel like I can’t move forward on a lot of these issues until the basement is complete. I know it is not necessary…she won’t even be in her nursery the first few months, but if you came over and saw her things piled in my dad’s room, Elijah’s room, the dining room (seriously, the crib is in the dining room) then you may understand my urgency a little more. Plus, if you know how anal I can be, you’d understand even better.

The good news is, is that progress in the basement is AWESOME! Ron will be finished hanging drywall tomorrow and over the weekend all of the mudding/taping/etc should be finished. So that means we can prime and paint next week and then lay down our floors. I would love to have all of this completed by Halloween, but I will settle for the first weekend in November. We gotta lot of work to do!

IMG_5800

the super wide hallway (we decided to drywall over the future-bathroom door, and cut it out when it’s time)

IMG_5802

the ‘office’. It’s actually a nice size room…just an inch or two bigger than the ones upstairs

IMG_5806

the TV area

IMG_5807

the future bar…see where the columns will go eventually? It will look great!

IMG_5794

Oh and did I mention with all of the ‘lists’ I need to check off I have to keep up with this trouble maker :)

Good grief he is so cute and sweet! He goes to the doctor tomorrow for his 15 month check up. I’ve got a few concerns. Firstly, he is really bow-legged. I’m hoping he will outgrow it, but compared to his cousins, it’s pretty obvious. Second, I think he is still not very tolerant of milk (but I think I am making progress with that! Thanks to a friend of mine for telling me about non-homogenized milk, he has been more tolerant! – Thanks Sarah!) Lastly I want to re-evaluate his alternate vaccine schedule since we will be doing some foreign travel next summer.

So that’s my status…I want to hurry up and get all of these things done, but then again I want to wait and enjoy my ‘free’ time while I still have it – seeing Tristan tonight put it into perspective. I will have my wild toddler at home AND bring home another teeny person to care for…maybe going over 40 weeks isn’t a bad idea.

HA, yea right…!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment