Natural Childbirth Classes

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Before and After…

ugh. brace yourselves…

 

BEFORE:

 IMG_6044

 

AFTER:

IMG_6078 IMG_6061

My poor guy!!!! He lost his footing while trying to step into a crock (the ugly shoes) and fell face first into our hard wood floors.

I was holding Athena and saw it happen. I immediately put her down on the floor and grabbed Elijah. Blood was gushing everywhere….I mean EVERYWHERE. Luckily my dad was still home and he was able to manage Athena and Aubrey (I’m watching Aubrey a few hours this week).

The irony is that this week Elijah has really caught on to the fact that he could go “boom boom”. He points at potentially dangerous things and says “boo boom”….like when he stands on the couch. Who would have ever thought those ugly shoes would have been a potential hazard…

He is okay now. I believe he’s just torn his maxillary frenum which is common and anticipated usually. I asked Elijah’s doctor about his a while back because it seems that Elijah’s frenum inhibited him from opening his mouth….and sure enough the doc said he will probably tear it at some point in life.

Expected or not, my baby is hurting and the sight of his blood is something I never want to see again. My poor Elijah, he went boo boom.

No comments:

Post a Comment