Natural Childbirth Classes

Saturday, March 12, 2011

I feel so blessed tonight

It’s amazing how sometimes you really  don’t know.

What I mean is that I just knew  that tonight was going to be a disaster. Elijah postponed his 1 o’clock nap to 4 pm and slept until 5:30. Athena didn’t get a good deep sleep for her afternoon nap, so I just had a feeling that the night would be disastrous. Brad is out with friends, which left me even more apprehensive about being 2 to 1.

When Elijah got up we left the house (poor Athena, we packed her up sleeping and all) to get a quick bite of dinner and then to look at some “dhoo choos”. They were both so great at the store, I was really amazed. Elijah even pointed out that the sales tags in the aisles were “no no’s” from when were there before and he would rip down every one. He was able to walk around freely because he listened and obeyed immediately when I asked something of him. (that is an extremely rare occurrence!) 

Athena, she was great like always. Her demands normally include being held facing out to see what’s happening. Or to stand up if you’re seated with her.

We got home and to my amazement Elijah asked me to go to bed. “Mama, nani”. (Nani is Greek for sleep/sleeping). I warmed his milk, put his pj’s on and with Bobby and a pipila in hand he was ready. Athena however was also ready, and I had no choice but to leave her in her crib fully awake so I could get Elijah rocked a little. I didn’t hear one peep out of her. How awesome! She stared at the light on the camera for a bit and then fell asleep. Same for Elijah, I laid him down, he snuggled Bobby and stared at the camera then fell asleep!

So I feel rather guilty for assuming I was going to have a terrible Saturday night. My love and appreciation for my kids overfill my heart right now. I am so incredibly blessed. Even if my night went as predicted, I am blessed. I am always aware of it even during the frustrating times.

I can keep rambling, but pictures are fun to look at. So here you are:

IMG_5906

Here is Athena today playing with her friends. She does this a lot, so I am finally glad I got around to taking the picture! (I don’t tell her they used to be Elijah’s friends)  :)

IMG_5913

She loves her feet, especially when you pretend to eat them. She however, isn’t so sure about blowing on her pudgy belly.—That’s what that look on her face is for.

IMG_5911

Elijah knows to not drive trucks on her head, but sometimes he pushes the limit….this was one of those times. But he truly loves his Nina! (that’s how he says Athena)

IMG_5827

He’s learned to play so well with his toys, but still requests that we “geeyt down” to push a ball or truck back and forth with him.

The past few weeks both of them have been learning so many new things that I just want to push a pause button in our lives for a bit! I can’t get enough of them.

Which reminds me! We’ve briefly discussed me staying home from work until Elijah goes to school (well, and basically Athena since they’re so close in age). I was a little mixed with my feeling because the longer I postpone working, the less savings, money, extras, etc….but I know those things can wait. My kids will grow up whether I work or not, so how much better is it that I am there. Plus unless I get a decent paying job it’s pointless to work just to pay for daycare.

So I’ve decided to go to graduate school in the fall. I really enjoy school and learning. And in the time it will take me to finish my masters the kids will be ready for school and me for work. So I am looking at SIUE at their Environmental Chemistry program. I’m so nerdy….I have missed my chemistry classes and labs!! I’m hoping I may be able to get an assistantship where I will be paid and tuition will be reduced to assist a professor.

Anyway, I’ll let you know how that goes. For now I am going to soak up nothingness (meaning foodnetwork) for a while :)

No comments:

Post a Comment