Natural Childbirth Classes

Monday, March 29, 2010

I peed on these

IMG_3793

IMG_3795

I was in total shock. I still can’t convince myself that it’s true!!!

I took a test on Saturday, March 20th because I wasn’t sure if I had missed my period yet or not (since having Elijah I had to say goodbye to my very predictable 28 day cycle) – now it varies from 30 –41 days.  Anyway, I took the first test and it was negative. Funny enough I remember telling Brad on the way to a family function that “no worries, the test was negative”. On Sunday, I looked at the test while throwing something away and another line caught my eye!! I couldn’t believe it. There was a very faint vertical line. I kind of freaked out, told Brad and we decided to wait to take another test the next day. ---Of course, I knew that a line is a line. Either you have the pregnancy hormone or you don’t.

Sunday morning before church I peed on another and a line showed up again! But I am talking VERY VERY faint. After church Elijah and I went to Becky’s for lunch and I took one of hers, and again, the little line wouldn’t go away. – Now you’re probably thinking I’m crazy by this point but I was just trying to convince Brad. He wanted to see a bright “+”.

Since my mom lives with Becky, she of course found out what was up. Oh man, if I ever wanted this a secret it was over then.

I’ll spare you how I had to take the other 4 tests. Basically, I couldn’t take the disbelief from Brad anymore and got the digital test. He believes me now.

So why am I talking about it so early in the pregnancy!? Good question. Firstly, this is my blog – kind of my journal about the beginnings of my young family – and this pregnancy is just another milestone in our lives, no matter what happens. Secondly, my mom told my grandma so EVERYONE knows.

My mind is so full right now, so is my heart. Especially when I look into this face.

IMG_3835

I am nervous as hell, scared about what is to come and anxious that my 8 month old will have some of my attention stripped away too soon.

So, I think I am around 5 weeks – so super early still. I visit Dr. Chen April 7th. We are really excited. I just can’t wait to go see my little blob, baby on the ultra sound to have that “I really am pregnant” moment.

Psalms 127:3 Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

I try to remember this verse when I get nervous about Elijah being so young, and having 2 under 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment