Natural Childbirth Classes

Friday, May 15, 2009

32w dr appt

Went really well! Nothing to report actually. 17 pounds gained so far (stretch marks to reflect 80 pounds of weight gain - can you tell I'm bitter?); blood pressure great; measuring right at 32 w....good job baby :)

I asked about the laboring tub. Turns out that there is a fee to use it. Dr. Chen said that if I'm the kind of person that feels relaxed in water, then it is probably a good place to try and labor at times. However, he really thinks that the Bradley relaxation methods will be great too. It was hard for him to tell because obviously every woman's labor is different. I was sold 100% that I wanted to labor in a aquadoula, but after swimming in a pool last week for the first time, I really don't think I like the feeling.
Maybe it was the chlorine, or the fact the thought of a public pool grossed me out at that moment - I'm not sure. We'll see. Also I'm sure $$ will be a deciding factor.

I also asked if he thought it would be worth me taking a BF class. They are only $35 one evening for 3 hours. Brad's all for it. Dr. Chen said that he doesn't think so...which surprised me. He thinks that the lengths that I go to educate myself in combination with the MOBAP nurses and LCs, I should be okay. I'm still interested because it would be great for Brad to go and learn too (he's been a good sport about going to birth classes, learning things, etc) - We'll see.

Next appointment is in 2 weeks. May 29th....Time is fllllyiiiiiiiing by....

No comments:

Post a Comment