Natural Childbirth Classes

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

brrm brrm, OR bauum, bauum

I can’t decide which is his “first” word. Let me translate.

 brrm, brrm is balloon

bauum, bauum is bottle

I’m leaning towards brrm because he will never say it unless he sees or wants a balloon. Even going to the car dealership for an oil change he was back there saying “brrm, brrm, brrm” because he saw the huge balloons they have on their cars (they gave us one to take home he loved it so much).

As far as bauum, bauum goes, it certainly means bottle, but it could also mean hungry. There have been times he says it and he wants a bottle, and other times he will push it away and act fussy until he eats. Either way, it’s super cute and I can’t wait for words to sound like English (or Greek---I’m trying to stay consistent with allowing him to hear a second language).

While we’re on the language thing…I’ve always known my dad has had an accent and says words a little different. More specifically the word “sandwich” always sounds like “sangwhich" when he says it. Until today I thought it was a foreign accent thing. That is until I heard Paula Dean on t.v. making “sangwhiches”….since my dad did come from Greece straight to Alabama maybe it’s a southern thing! ---There is still no excuse for him asking for “ ‘shits’ of paper” though :)

In other news Tipsy is insanely pregnant, and I am a terrible, terrible person. As I was taking her out today she was too fat, pregnant to climb up the stairs and I heard myself say out loud “come on fatso”. I feel awful. If anyone would have said that to me I would have cried for hours. IMG_4960

I had to confess, because I feel so bad.

OH!! and I finally mailed off the contract for a guy to start on the basement the first week of September. I CANNOT WAIT! We will lay down flooring ourselves, so after all this is said and done it looks like around the first of October our basement will be complete. So then the nursery fun can begin!! woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment