Natural Childbirth Classes

Monday, August 16, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love

I love this book so far! I don’t think I want to see the movie until the glory of the book has faded. I relate to this woman so much, it’s scary. ---Maybe not the whole divorce and no-kids thing. But in my earlier days I could have written the same book, only instead of Italy, Indonesia and India it would have been Switzerland, Austria and Germany.

It’s funny that I started reading it the last few days (I wanted some anti-technology time) because I have been yearning for a change of sorts. Not much I can do with a 13 month old and being 6 months pregnant. But I’m planning. I NEED to go somewhere. Mexico was nice, but that was touristy. Not my ideal traveling. I want to get into the culture – live like a local would.

We are planning to go to Greece next summer. My dad will be moving there permanently in June, and George and Becky will also be going. The last time we were all there together was in 1998. So this trip is pretty important to me. Not to mention I want my kids to grow up with the same privilege I had of visiting my grandparents every summer. Elijah will be 2 and Baby Pea (no names yet) will be 7 months-ish. Perfect time to start a family tradition of visiting.

I want more than that though. I want them to grow up with photos and memories of seeing the world and how small it actually it is. So I am trying to brainstorm what mini-trip we can take aside from Greece. I want to go to Abu Dhabi, but Brad is probably going to side with somewhere like Rome instead (I’m slowly working on him!)

Anyway, the book is great. It’s helped me regain my focus on my ambitions and care less about things that I worry too much about….like that my grass is dying is such heat. Who cares…there’s a world to see, right?

Time to google United Arab Emirates!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment