Natural Childbirth Classes

Sunday, August 29, 2010

It’s almost September!

That means fall weather soon, and that makes me SOO happy! I can’t wait for some cooler temperatures, changing foliage and hot beverages!

It also means that my birthday is right around the corner (Tuesday to be exact)….28….It sounds so old, but truly, I feel 22 or so. That also means Brad’s birthday is right around the corner…on the 3rd. Life is starting to look really crazy from now until the holidays….until SHE is born!

Here is what we’ve got going on!

Next weekend (9/4): birthday party, wedding, baby shower

(9/11): Chicago – we are going to go for fun and get some pics with the gnome and mainly for Ikea. We’ve decided that is our best option to furnish the basement with the money we will have left for that project.

(9/18): Aubrey turns 1! A party to attend, of course!

(9/24 & 10/2) Hopefully we  will be laying down flooring in the basement. From then making a trip to Chicago again to purchase what we like (hopefully). Then it’s Halloween, then November with a bunch of holiday fun, birthdays (Emma, Steph and Natalie) – OH! And somewhere in between fixing the nursery and refinishing my childhood furniture for her room. We just bought the stuff today to start on that project, but I couldn’t open the stain stripper bottle – how lame, right?

Sorry if that was all crazy jumbled to read…I was kind of thinking and typing with no regard to your comprehension -sorry. Well, anyway, that’s my “TO-DO” list before this little girl gets here. I still have to get a crib, clothes, diapers, etc…oh yea, we maybe need to get her a name too. YIKES! And on top of it all Tipsy is going to pop any day now. Not that I was sleeping well before, but it will suck tending to puppies for a while. Poor thing, I’m looking at her now and it’s like she swallowed a football. She went to the vet on Friday, and she is doing well and they estimate between Tuesday to Thursday for the pups to be born.

Well, I was really intending to blog about this weekend. Friday, I was tending to Tipsy at the vet most of the day. Saturday, Allison had her 8th birthday party! It' was a lot of fun. I can’t believe she is 8….I remember holding her as a teeny baby. We are so blessed with kids from every which way. Here are some pics from her party (which was at the American Pizza place)

IMG_5068-1 We were at the mall prior to the party, all three of them loved this ---whatever these things are called---

IMG_5078    Evan with the balloon sword. Isn’t he sweet here??  Believe me, you multiply by 10,000,000 when you have him in person!

IMG_5081 sword fighting already?? teeheehee :) With Nana (my mom – she looks so pretty!)

IMG_5082 Nana and Elijah kicked butt in the races…after Eli got down that is…

IMG_5091       Talking about kicking butt, Allison got first place with the go-cart races!! (whenever I try to say ‘go-carts’ it always comes out ‘goat-carts’'. Even in my head. – just something random I thought you’d like to know about me.)

IMG_5098 Nana, Papou (my dad) and Becky with all of the babies!!

IMG_5101 Emma was so excited to ride with George in the ‘goat-carts’

IMG_5104She may have been even more excited to have such an audience!

IMG_5118 Stephanie and Evan. They matched!!! I love it!!

IMG_5119 The mommas and babies….here is kind of a baby bump pic for you

IMG_5130                                          So squeezable!!

IMG_5137 Aubrey…she’ll squeeze you! Literally. She gives the best neck hugs :)

IMG_5138 The birthday girl!! (she turned 8 on the 24th)

Brad and Jon couldn’t make it…they were both tied up with sporting activities…surprise, surprise…. :)

That’s a lot of pictures!! It just made my heart all warm and fuzzy though. I love my family.

Lets see….I guess that’s about it. Today we didn’t do much. We just got some chemicals to strip down my furniture .We’re unsure what we will stain it (or paint it)…we don’t know what crib we want yet….I’ll post that progress once I begin.

Well my mind keeps wandering back to that ‘list’ I just put together earlier in the blog…so I need to formalize it a little…It’s so ridiculous how anal and organized I’ve become in my old age :)

No comments:

Post a Comment