Natural Childbirth Classes

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Pain in the neck, or blessing in disguise?

Yesterday Elijah and I were on our way home from visiting my Grandma’s house and we were hit!!!  No one was hurt, maybe just a little shaken up. Elijah is so brave. I don’t know if he started giving me the sad lip because he was a little scared, or because the impact knocked his sippy cup out of his hands:) --- probably a little of both.

The guy was very apologetic. He was driving a Chevy avalanche (one of those ugly hybrid car-truck thingies). As I was yielding to make a right turn, he slammed into the back of us. I called the police and he just came and wrote our exchange of insurance info.  That was about it.BLOG PIC 2 blog pic

So what a pain. I start school in a week. Not only do I, but Becky does also. Since her and Jon are down to one car now, she is depending on my car to get her to class. So now I’m afraid that both of us are going to get screwed from starting on time.

Icing on the cake is that I woke up with my neck hurting. I know that sounds so cliché and unbelievable, but it’s true. I’m sure it’s nothing, but it just makes me mad that if I am sore the next day, maybe Elijah is…and the thought of him jeopardized or hurting makes me irate.

So here is the “blessing” part. The guy and I were chatting while the officer was doing his thing. I noticed that he was wearing a “Safety Training” shirt. Now apart from the irony that a safety guy hit us, it’s even more ironic that he owns his own Safety Training company and may be in need of a contracted safety trainer. ---This is what I was the last two years of my working days.

  So it would be awesome to  get some work while pregnant and open doors to possible work opportunities when I will be looking for a full time job next summer. We’ll see how that goes, but how cool would it be to get some extra cash ---(I found a REALLY cute pink crib that doesn’t fit into our budget…)---AND stay abreast of the changing regulations. Yessss…I know. It isn’t environmental work like I want to do, but it would create opportunities. Anyway, so my mind is wandering away from diapers and into career mode. How cool would it be to have both. Train a few days a week, and change diapers the rest of the time :) We’ll see. I’ll keep you posted!

Here are some sweet pics of grandma and ElijahIMG_4944

IMG_4951

I know he doesn’t look happy here, but it was great that he just sat with her for the 15 minutes that he did!

No comments:

Post a Comment