Natural Childbirth Classes

Sunday, January 10, 2010

I've got some good news, and not so good news...

What should I start with first? Ok, the good
...well, it's really not that exciting. I start classes again tomorrow! --Yes, that stuff excites me. I love school. What's more exciting is that I will be back in a chemistry lab!

It's kind of bittersweet though because it's got me thinking about how much I miss chemistry. I stopped studying it to study environmental/health issues. I don't think I really regret it because I feel like the environmental field equips me better for my future goals, but I really enjoyed the challenge chemistry offered..

Oh well. For now I can't wait to get back in a lab. For some reason I always did really well with that stuff. More excitingly, I will be in an organic lab! My favorite kind...

ANYWAY...here is the sad news.
Elijah had his first real "boo-boo" today. And it's my fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel so terrible. He and I were sitting on the floor playing with these weird shaped blocks that fit into bucket with a lid made for the shapes. He has been doing so well sitting up by himself, I figured it was a great time for him to continue to practice while we were playing. He did so good! Sat up close to 15 minutes on his own. I should have realized that he would have been getting tired but I didn't.....so he face-planted himself on the the bucket lid that holds all the blocks. It is a hard, rigid piece of plastic! Boom on his lip and his forehead. MY POOR BABY!! I felt so terrible. He had a little bump on his head and lip for the majority of the day.

Other than being really upset and crying he seemed okay - no need to call the doc (although it crossed my mind as a newbie mom). He was pretty upset the remainder of the day. But I suppose the pain from his "boo-boos" reminded him of his teething pain and it was pretty much all down hill until he got to play in the bathtub before bed.

So now he's tucked in bed probably dreaming of better day tomorrow.

Goodnight sweet tootum pie, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment