Natural Childbirth Classes

Thursday, January 28, 2010

The world is not your oyster

Not that Elijah likes oysters or anything, but he sure does like everything else.

Good grief! He is into EVERYTHING. I need to start thinking about baby proofing asap, because when he starts crawling no telling what he’ll find. Baby proofing has me very intimidated for some reason, kind of stupid coming from a former “safety professional”…oh well, he’ll have to sit in the pack in play for a bit until I feel comfortable around here.

At the grocer today he wanted to thoroughly inspect every thing that went into my cart, including a detailed slobber inspection. Gross and frustrating.

It’s still cute at times though. We have a ritual lately when I make dinner. Elijah has to have pots and pans too, when mommy does.

IMG_3318 What a stinker!!

IMG_3312

On a different note I decided to quit being hypocritical. What I mean is that I probably go to extreme at times to ensure that Elijah is protected from unnecessary environmental chemicals, etc. What about me? What about Brad? We’re probably at greater risk than he is….so I took the plunge this grocer visit and purchased everything organic (as much as they offered). It’s great to see there is a nice selection. We’ve been in the habit of purchasing organic for some of our food (like milk, who wouldn’t want to?? It last so much longer and when left out in a cup ---ahhemm, Brad--- it doesn’t leave that nasty ring). What was surprising is that the grocery bill wasn’t that much more.

I feel pretty good about it. I can sacrifice a few of my indulgences to ensure we get better quality food. Brad is pretty much on board with me. I love him for that. Some of my beliefs and manners may seem neurotical to him, but he still obliges me for the most part. Thanks Goose.

No comments:

Post a Comment