Natural Childbirth Classes

Friday, April 9, 2010

Why is there never enough sleep for me?

I can't get enough sleep it seems. It doesn't help that Elijah is still waking up (sooo frustrating). Now that my dad lives with us, his bedroom is right across the hall from Elijah's and I feel guilty!! So, I have probably been contributing to Elijah's lack of sleep habits by trying to go pick him up before he wakes up my dad.

I got a phone number from my sonographer at the doctor's office for sleep help. Her son is 12 months old and up until 10 months he was waking every 2 hours.  She called the "miracle lady" at the Sleep Center and her son was sleeping from 8pm-6am by 6 days! With NO crying-it-out.

Elijah has his 9 month check up on the 16th and I plan to ask his doctor a boat-load of questions (including how to start weaning; I am supposed to by 16-18 weeks of pregnancy per the doc). My theory is that he doesn't eat enough during the day and supplements at night (because when I pick him up at 2 and 4am, his stomach is growling - who could let a baby cry that out??-that's inhumane!)

So if his doctor doesn't have any suggestions that work, then I will call the "miracle lady" by May. ---so that's my plan of action. Now I just need one for weaning. He will only take me, and his straw sippy cup; no more bottles. And I just hurt so bad, that weaning before 18 weeks sounds so great right now (I've decided to try and stick it out though).

I do have some good news. The past 3 weeks he will only eat Mum-mums, yogurt melts, and his little whole grain waffles. I have managed to add colby-jack cheese to the list!

Woo hoo, victory for me!

So, today I am on a mission to go to the book store and get a baby recipe book and hopefully add to his list of foods.

--- it wont be easy....for crying out loud, the kid won't even eat potatoes (WHO doesn't like potatoes??)

Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment