Natural Childbirth Classes

Friday, April 2, 2010

Morning sickness at night I suppose

What gives…I feel so queasy after I put Elijah to bed. Last night we BBQed with the neighbors and we also used our fire pit (just for fun and ambiance). When we were done, smelled a little smoky between the pit and grill, but nothing too overwhelming. Anyway, I was so sick once I laid in bed. It felt exactly like morning sickness – I had it only one week with Elijah at the 12ish week mark, but I never threw up.

Last night I did. phew…I hate puking. I am so bad about it, I don’t know how to not make it come out of my nose ---yea, I’ll spare the graphic details. It was terrible though.

My dad told me that my mom has a sensitivity to “smoke”. I clarified with her today, that if she eats smoked foods (even grilled things) or is around fires it makes her sick to her stomach. I thought that was pretty interesting. It made me hopeful that maybe that “morning sickness” was just a weird, hereditary thing I got from my mom.

No such luck. It’s 8:00, half of the clean up is done around here…and I don’t think I can do anymore because I might be sick.

::What’s the deal you little sesame-seed-sized trouble maker?? You haven’t even been around long enough to cause me trouble::

Let me tell you something weird. Really weird to me. So I love milk. Always have.  But after I had Elijah I somehow became lactose intolerant in a bad way. Like, hold-the-cheese-on-EVERYTHING-or-else-make-me-a-clear-path-to-the-bathroom kind of bad. Anyway, yesterday I had a little dairy…nothing, no problems. Today, I pushed my luck and drank some chocolate milk (mmmm by the way…) – NOTHING!! What gives? I have to be pregnant to drink milk? I asked my OB a while ago and he said that it happens to post partum women occasionally. Strange, isn’t it?

Chores can wait I suppose. I’m trying to not be so anal around here. Rest for a pregnant, nursing mother is more important than Elijah’s bouncy balls sitting under the couch. I’ll get them tomorrow. I gotta go to bed with my little trouble-making baby pea inside of me.

speaking of trouble makers though….take a look at this one!IMG_3888

aaahh…my heart melts at the sight of him.  :)

On a different note:

Χριστός Ανέστη to everyone if I don’t blog before Sunday. Before I head off to sleep, let me just be thankful for the gift given to me so many years ago on Holy Friday. –You should be thankful too. Goodnight everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment