Natural Childbirth Classes

Monday, June 8, 2009

Semi-BUSY weekend

Wow....I feel like I was just blogging about last weekend. Time is really flying by.
I have decided to take Fridays off until baby comes - mostly because my dr. appts are on Fridays. Also my work has this RIDICULOUS policy (which I guess most do??) that I need to have 40 hours of personal time banked to take FMLA. They are just going to take it...not give me an extra week off (so NOT 13 weeks off, only 12). They would have to pay me for it of course, but getting paid is not 100% my priority...getting to bond with my son is. So they can't take what's not there!! HA-ha!
Moving on...thinking of work pisses me off.
Friday: Since I had the day off I cleaned out my car. For those that don't understand what an achievement this is...believe me, it's like a miracle how clean my car is. I couldn't stand the thought of a baby riding in a messy car, so my nesting attacked my car. Partly because we got our car seats on Friday. Special thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Karn!! This week I plan to go to the fire department and have them install it. I'm kind of nervous because my car is a little hatchback with airbags EVERYWHERE...so I might have to go to Mercedes and have them disable an airbag or two.
Friday evening - Becky, Emma and I went to superwalmart and did some shopping. It was kind of commical because we both were dead tired trying to grocery shop. Emma was great, she sat in the cart the whole time. I could just squeeze her she's so sweet!!
....oh, side note. Look at this pic she wanted to take for "Bob" (aka Brad) because she is decked out in baseball gear. How cute is she.
What's funny is that Beck and I were so dead tired after doing our walmart shopping we both just wanted to get home and crash...but it turns out we both were cleaning until the wee hours of the morning! This nesting thing is really bizarre. At least my house is fantastically clean.
Saturday: 5k #2! Natalie asked me to walk with her for Run for the Stars at the St. Louis Science Center. I was all for it. I love the science center! I think the 5k fever is spreading...Steph, George, Allison and my Mom walked with us! I only have a few photos unfortunately. My mom has the rest (I'll get those tomorrow). It was a great walk, but really challenging! We went all through Forest Park. Those hills are nothing to laugh at either. We finished almost dead last...we beat a 79 year old. HAHAHAHAHAHA....here's a screen shot of the results...
So you can't see it really well, but it's hilarious nonetheless.
Here are some photos (my mom has the rest - a good group one too I'll have to get from her). Me and Natalie and our babies!!

The hardest part of this 5k was having to pee practically the whole time...and being teased by the big Brewfest Festival tents...mmmm....ice cold beer......
After the race Tim and Brad picked up the crib!! Yay!! Thanks Nana for getting us a new crib! I'll post pics of the nursery once we get the old crib taken apart. Brad and I put it together without arguing or bickering at each other - that's a pretty good accomplishment too :)
That's basically Saturday. We had dinner with Brad's parents, Natalie and Tim. Rented that Tom Cruise Valykrie movie and fell asleep.
Sunday: Completely uneventful for me. I slept A LOT, did laundry and got addicted to watching a marathon of America's Next Top Models ::can someone tell me how it's possible that a finalist had a baby less than a year before getting on the show?? -- Where were HER stretch marks??::
Wow, is this blog long enough? Sorry...but as I said last week my motivation for work is even less now than before. ANDD!!!! We dont' have internet at home until next Saturday...freaking AT&T...

No comments:

Post a Comment