Natural Childbirth Classes

Monday, June 15, 2009

Weekend update!

Officially 9 months pregnant! - And my ticker says 26 days. I am WAAAAYYYY to excited!

let me add that we now have internet at home, so after this blog entry they won't be as lengthy...
Friday: I had my 36 week appt with Dr. Chen (I am now a weekly visitor). Brad came with me this time because we were getting our last u/s as well. Before the u/s however I had the group b strep test done. It wasn't awful, but I didn't particularly like a q-tip going up my bum. Hopefully it will come back negative so I can labor without an IV. ::crosses fingers::
After that we got to see the baby again! And I am SOO pleased to say that his is head down and in perfect position. Dr. Chen said he looks great, and even mentioned he was happy to see him 'practice' breathing already - this is great news meaning if he came now he could most likely breath on his own. What a miracle this whole process is!

I also asked about my "period" cramps I've been feeling off an on for the last two weeks or so. He said that they are light contractions! This just makes me happy to think that maybe I won't go over the due date - I really don't want to. I get an internal exam next Friday, so I'll guess we'll see if they are making any slight progress down there.

Saturday: Race for the Cure! I woke up at dawn - seriously 5 am - and Me, Becky, Natalie, Jon and Emma battled the crowds of downtown St. Louis to walk amongst 70,000+ people to support the fight against breast cancer. I must say the crowds were incredible, but it was so moving to see so many survivors and so many "in memory of" t-shirts being worn. However, it did start to make me think...what is all the $$ going towards? Where is our cure? - for those that know me, know that I have a conspiracy theory with pharmaceutical companies/doctors/etc - So this kind of disappointed me with the race. It was almost like a circus show. I would walk 1,000 miles for these women, don't get me wrong. But I can't shake the feeling that the cause is sometimes overshadowed by the hype...is that the best way to describe it? I don't know. Anyway....
God bless the survivors, the survivors of women who have passed, and all of those who suffer from any form of this awful disease.

Our group: Natalie, Becky, Jon, Me & Emma

I love this of Emma, Beck and Jon! How cute!
Probably about 1/2 mile into the race. We opted to do the 1 mile fun walk versus the whole 5k. It was hot, we had a 3 year old and 3 very pregnant walkers! (Jon's such a good sport to hang out with us that morning)

Check out the massive crowds! - Oh, and it didn't rain on us thankfully.
Natalie, Becky, Jon and Emma - next year we'll leave a bulky jogging stroller at home. It was too crowded to maneuver the thing!
Me and my Magoo!!!!
Emma took this one of me and Becky.
So that was the majority of Saturday. After the race I went home and cleaned house a bit. Brad and his dad built stairs off of our back door (yay!! Finally!!). Then Brad and I went off to a Rascals baseball game. It was a really nice relaxing time. It was also nice to just get to be with Brad for a bit. Oh, and at the game I had the BEST snow cone I've ever had. :::I'm drooling just thinking about it:::
Sunday: Tried to sleep in...couldn't. Becky and Emma came over and we finished picking up shower presents for Heather (Steph's sister). The shower was nice! Steph and her mom and whoever else helped did a really nice job. We even got to decorate onesies - it was fun! After the shower it was off to my parents house. They had a realtor come over, and it's official...the house will soon be listed to sell! As exciting as that sounds, believe me, it's going to be EXHAUSTING. There is a lot of things that have to get done around their house. But it's great to see things moving along. I just wish I could help more than I'm able.
So...there's my weekend in a nutshell. There is some bitter/sweet news I didn't add in there. George, my brother, got offered his dream job!!! After years of patiently waiting and working hard he has finally gotten that phone call. He is truly deserving. The catch is, it's in Des Moines, Iowa. WOW...that stinks. They have to move away. And on top of all that Steph is going to have a lot on her shoulders! G has to go away for 3 months for training and miss a lot of the exciting visits of their pregnancy. Anyway....keep them in your prayers...they have a lot on their plates.

No comments:

Post a Comment