Natural Childbirth Classes

Sunday, January 25, 2009

16w appointment - Done.

I saw Dr. Chen on Friday. Nope, I didn't get that u/s I was secretly hoping for, but I did get two thumbs up. He said everything is great. He would like for me to start gaining weight, but said I should not be too concerned. If by 20w I don't gain anything, then he said he would look closer at my diet.
For one I was about 20 pounds overweight when I got pregnant, and that can effect weight gain and pregnancy. And for two, I don't eat crap like I used to...except the weekly steak n shake steak burger that I can't resist.
I know the baby is growing though! Tossing and turning in bed at night is a whole new adventure. I can't flop around carelessly anymore, that little bump is getting in the way!

Oh, Dr. Chen also gave the option to do get blood work for the screening. Brad and I decided not to.... And... ::drum role please:: our BIG u/s is scheduled for 2/17 at 1:15!! I can't wait. What has happened? I was ALL about not finding out the sex, and now I don't think anything can hold me back. It's probably from going to Babies R Us with Beequee the other week. That drove me crazy not knowing to look at 'blue' or 'pink'. (I don't think we'll use either of those colors).

Speaking of Beequee. Turns out we were WAY off on the calculation. She saw Dr. Chen on Friday too, and her u/s measurements said she is at 8w behind me exactly. So she's 8w1d today.

So basically it is a good report! Baby is on his/her way!

No comments:

Post a Comment