Natural Childbirth Classes

Friday, July 24, 2009

1st doctor appt

Thing went pretty well today (his dr appt was the 24th - I couldn't finish the blog until now)Luckily my mom was able to go with me because I felt insecure leaving Elijah in the backseat alone. -- No, not because I am a psycho, overprotective mother yet -- but because the car seat does not allow him to recline enough, so his poor little neck strains to keep his head up. (We fixed that problem today).

Dr. Sato did his check on him and found him to be perfectly healthy! He was completely shocked to see how well he can hold his head up, and estatic to find out that he has gained 12 ounces! He now weighs 7 pounds 4 oz. He said babies that are 3-4 weeks old will gain this amount!! -- This however did not excite Brad as much as me (he's already nervous Elijah has a double chin) :)

I'm just glad to know that nursing is going well enough to sustain him! We still have to go back and forth with the nipple shield. Some days are better than others (or Eli is lazier sometimes) and we have to use it. I'm getting over it really quickly that I have to use it. Whatever makes him healthiest, makes me happiest.

So after his doctor's appointment we went to lunch with Brad and made a quick stop so his Nana could buy him some blankets (she was completely embarrassed I took him out with the blankets from the hospital --- what? They are the best kind to swaddle him with...)
After that we waited for Becky to have her 34 week check up with Dr. Chen. I nursed Elijah in the car while my mom went to the appt with Becky. After he was finished and had a full tummy, I decided to drive him around a bit and put him to sleep...that really didn't work out to great. #1, I'm and idiot and decided to drive around the parking garage, circle after circle after circle....so he got pretty cranky, enough for me to take him out of his seat and soothe him. Well, he was soothed quite well after he threw up ALL over me...I then learned that I also need extra clothes in the diaper bag.

All in all it was a pretty full day, we were both glad to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment